Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 2: Surviving the First Night


I survived the first night! Which is great! (I think, wasn’t mauled by bears in my sleep) Morning are colder than I’m accustomed to! Good thing I brought my blanket for some warmth. Alexis is taking pictures of me sleeping so this’ll be interesting. The forest employees were talking about their jobs and what they do, including how they got there. How many of them didn’t know what they were going to do went they entered college. I could relate with We went Lava Butte to look at the view. 



Jessica’s words of encouragement up the steep trek up the butte were something else. “We have twenty minutes! Just look, appreciate it and move on!” 





There was a beautiful view of the mountains and the previous lava flows that aren’t old they’re geologically young *slaps knee*. 

We went Lava Lake Resort to shower and there was a lake.



Jessica stole a watermelon when we left and we were denied the trip to the dark cave, sad face. We had a gather ‘round during dinner where we spoke about our favorite moments of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment