Saturday, July 15, 2017

Day 6: Preparation

We traveled with Wenix to a few different areas the first (the photo below) was a small stream where they had previously restored it and she explained how they were using new methods of curving the water flow naturally by pulling the trees so the water would move farther in, in turn recharging the aquifers below. After that site we moved to an where we met Michael McCloud watches the fishes that  spawn there then die.



Afterward we visited the Umatilla Forest where Winex explained the issues that was going on the premises that included but weren't limited to the Asian whom go in and pick the Huckleberries for profit. Also the fire issues with the amount of dry fuel on the floor.


























We prepared the food for a feast today and it was delicious for the most part. I tried a lot of new foods such as the fry bread and salmon, the vegetables were well vegetables :/ During the preparation for the feast our power trio that consisted of Alexis, Jorge and myself by majorities vote the trio was named: “the Bespectacled Beauties Plus One” much to Jorge’s discontent. The laser show was amazing although, I did feel old since I knew the some of the songs the remixes were playing as I watched the High schoolers sit there awkwardly as they did not recognize the music. There was no dancing from anyone except Jessica, for those whom it may concern, is truly a *coughs* wonderful dancer. I really bonded with the young’uns as we shared a lot of the same humor much to the discontent of the teachers. Everyone was asleep except a few university students, including myself, and the High schoolers so clean up was up to us. Incidentally all the High schoolers hadn’t showered yet so the washing of the load of dishes was up to me until some reinforcements arrived to aid me in the task. It was probably midnight when I laid down to get my beauty sleep and minutes later the cat woke me up as it started attacking Pedro’s tent as it was a few feet away from mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment