Saturday, July 15, 2017

Day 5: Soil And Glass



Woke up very early *coughs* 5:00 *coughs* as I am accustomed to waking at earlier hours. The nigh wasn’t as cold as the Deschutes forest but it was certainly warmer. 
I wandered around the backyard, petted the horses who bowed their heads at me until I eventually pulled a chair near Jessica’s beast of a trailer home and waited for the sun to rise over the tree in the distance; it was worth the wait the picture were great.
We went to the Umatila Governance Building where Winex showed us a beautiful presentation and the building was beautiful.


Afterwards we traveled to the Native Plant Nursery where we were put to work! At first, we were given a tour of one of the house and then after our short break we were thinning tree saplings and moving them to be laid out.




After lunch, we were sent to figure or suggest a solution to a packing problem the nursery was having and it seemed to have worked out in the end. 

Afterwards we were sifting soil from cone into a tub to be steamed, Cristina went wild on us and started showering all of us with the soil and made a mess. She is very competitive and I do not live that so I let her be her. 

We were awarded some ice cream ^^ 

After the nursery we went back to Winex’s home and her mother walked us through the creation of glass art. I was one of the first people to start their art processes as the rest escaped to shower. I created what I wanted to be a turtle and a flower in the corner of the glass, then it was sent off to be fired!


No comments:

Post a Comment